50% OFF Organic Tigernut Flour - 100g/400g (Expiring End August 2020)
5 15 SGD2.50 - SGD7.50
What is it?
- Chufa, a.k.a. Tigernut that has been ground into flour for your gluten-free, nut-free bakes
- This version of Chufa flour has a grind that is slightly coarser and not as sweet as the Chufa powder version
- Chufa is from the root vegetable/tuber family (same as carrots, potatoes). Hailed as a superfood with lots of vitamins and minerals.
- Sweet, nutty flavour - described to be similar to "almonds, pistachio, coconut, figs".
Product of Spain
How to use Chufa Flour
- Replace a portion of refined flour with Chufa flour in your baking and cooking for the added minerals and vitamins
- Its natural sweetness allows you to add lesser or omit sweeteners entirely from your recipe.
- Low Glycemic Index, a complex carbohydrate
- High in Dietary Fibre content promotes digestion
- Rich in Antioxidant Vitamin E which protects your cells against free radicals
- Source of Monosaturated Fat to lower total and LDL(bad)-cholesterol in your body
- Source of Iron and Magnesium which reduces tiredness and fatigue
- Source of Zinc for normal immune system function
- Source of Potassium for normal muscle function
- Source of Phosphorous for normal energy metabolism