Organic Peeled Chufa - 40g/1Kg
5 44 SGD3.00 - SGD38.00
What is it?
- This version uses a special proprietary equipment to deskin the Chufa, leaving behind just the sweet coconutty flesh.
- Peeled Chufas retain the nutritious goodness but are easier to chew without the fibrous skin.
- Chufa is from the root vegetable/tuber family (same as carrots, potatoes). Hailed as a superfood with lots of vitamins and minerals.
- Sweet, nutty flavour - described to be similar to "almonds, pistachio, coconut, figs".
Product of Spain
How to enjoy
- Eat as a snack anytime you want
- Or roast in oven/frying pan for 2-3 min for a crunchy texture
- Add to your favourite food, in replacement of nuts for extra crunch!
- Rich in Antioxidant Vitamin E which protects your cells against free radicals
- High Dietary Fibre content aids your digestion, keeps you fuller for longer
- Low Glycemic Index, a complex carbohydrate
- Source of Monounsaturated fat to lower total and LDL-cholesterol (bad cholesterol) in your body
- Natural source of Iron which reduces tiredness and fatigue
- Source of Vitamin B1 which serves to ensure normal heart functionality
- Source of Copper to ensure your immune system functions normally
- Dairy, Gluten, Nut & Cholesterol Free